Kare (then called Gluru) started as an AI powered to do list app for busy professionals. Upon realising few business opportunities, in 2017, we decided to pivot the business into the customer service area. We already had the foundation of ML technologies from the AI-powered To-Do list app and our aim was to apply these existing technologies to build a cognitive automation platform for for businesses, that enables them to efficiently communicate with their customers through self service while helping them to keep their knowledge base up to date.
Kare MIND is the only Cognitive Automation Platform that integrates and manages entire company knowledge through the real customer insights, while focusing on providing conversational Customer Experience.
Duration: April 2016 - February 2020
Team: 10+ Developers & 1 UI Designer
I joined Kare a year before the pivoting as the Lead UX designer, and undertook the Product Manager and Head of Product roles in until February 2020 as the company grew.
As the Head of Product, I drove the product vision and I was responsible for the product strategy, prioritisation and end to end product design cycle. I defined the roadmap and made sure that the product mets its key milestones, converted customer and sales lead requirements into features and incorporated in the roadmap; while communicating it with all stakeholders.
• Owned the product strategy and contributed to the business strategy
• Brought the product from pivoting to scale-up that unlocks a healthy business with 5 live customers and an additional £600k+ projected ARR
• Designed the UX architecture, created wireframes tackling complex problems in Human-AI Interaction
• Contributed sales pitches, conducted stakeholder and client workshops, collected requirements and use cases (with the likes of GSK, Aegon, British Gas)
• Conducted user research and usability tests with customers and end users
• Collaborated with product development team for product consistency, and R&D team for synchronising on ML requirements
• Contributed to 3 patents in AI/ML, written a research paper on cognitive modelling and system architecture
Top 10 Customer Experience Companies
2019 - CIO Review
Next Gen Innovation for Customer Service
2018 - CIO Review
Best Innovation in Deep Learning
2017 - AI Summit
Best AI Start-up
2016 - AI Summit
• Method and system for a user-specific cognitive unit that enhances generic recommendation systems [patent]
• Semantic definition language for action discovery in cloud services and smart devices [patent]
• Application of unsupervised question clustering in conjunction with supervised answer labelling to discover and create missing nodes and missing edges in questions-answers knowledge graphs powering [provisional patent]
• Towards predicting cognitive behaviours by learning personal situational biases [paper]
Researched with more than 15 companies
Run usability testing sessions with managers and users
Conducted workshops with customers and leads
Collected requirements and architected solutions